Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

DIY Braided Headband

So it was only a few short weeks after I had Jhett that I became a crafting fiend! I don’t know if this happens to everyone, but it’s intense. Crafting is like nesting’s evil twin! Picture it, the baby is sleeping and you are cracked out getting glue gun burns as you try to create some homemade masterpiece out of who knows what! And I’m pretty sure having a girl will only intensify this “sickness”…hello hair bows! Well that, and a little thing called Pinterest, maybe you’ve heard of it?!!

And let me just say, I am not a true crafter or DIY chick. I’m really quite flakey. More of a wanna-be. I have lots of random materials around the house from miscellaneous projects I may or may not have finished,  most likely because I got distracted my something shiny!

This led to a very strict no crafting policy! It was overkill. Random crystals, beads ribbon, paper and bottles of glue. I had to stop myself. And other than gluing a few toothpicks on some cupcake toppers for my BF’s husband’s surprise party, I had stuck to it. No homemade cards. No holiday wreaths. Not even a Valentine’s Day tablescape in sight. Trust me this was tough.

But then I found this website, P.S. I Made This, and instantly I knew I had just fallen off the wagon! (I’ve never been one for willpower). This is crack for people like me. DIY with a highly fashionable purpose, this could be dangerous.

There were lots of projects to choose from, I had a hard time trying to decide which one to try first. But narrowed it down. I really need my roots done. So…braided headband it is!

THE INSPIRATION (from P.S. I Made This)

                     ps i made this headband   

                     ps i made this headband 2

Of course I was fresh out of the Mercedes-Benz leather that P.S. used, so I had to hit Joann’s Fabrics. Not to worry I found some camel colored “pleather” just as good right? I used four types of trimmings: two gold metallic woven ones, a cream braided rope and my ‘pleatha! Ta Da!

THE END RESULT

             IMG_7652

             IMG_7653

What do you think?

If you try this at home, send me pics. I’d love to see.

blog signature

2 comments:

  1. Oooh!! I love it! Do you have any leftover materials and want to make me one? I'll pay you! love the pletha :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no leftovers. Just bought enough for one, wasn't sure how it would turn out. I'm going back to get more & may check some other places. Let me know and I can get you some materials. Or we can make it a date & go together :)

    ReplyDelete