Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

DIY Face scrub

Hey everyone!

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. Jhett loved her basket. Mostly just the iridescent grass I used at the bottom of it. Like me she is easily distracted by shiny things!

But it was a good weekend, maybe a little too good, in fact. I think I’m recovering from a food hangover! Yes, it’s real! Very, very real!

My food hangovers usually make my face all puffy, not cute. But they can also make me really sluggish. I get them when I eat too much (like on Holidays where all you do is eat and drink). Or maybe I just eat too much of the wrong things, I mean, come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever had a food hangover from salads? But the coconut key lime pie I made was totally worth it!

So, continuing with my Pretty in the Pantry theme, I want to tell you about the simplest face scrub you will ever try.

I have been searching for an exfoliator but haven’t found one that I’m in love with. I also had someone ask me about using my sugar scrub for the face, which I thought may be too harsh, so I new I wasn’t the only one out there looking.

So what’s the secret?

Wait for it…Wait for it…

baking soda

Baking Soda!

I know, I’m clearly not a genius here with this concoction. Women have been using this for all kinds of things since, well, since forever!

But as an exfoliant, it’s Ah-mazing! Trust me. Its simple, cheap, gentle, and gets the job done. Just add a little to your face wash and that’s all you need. The face wash I use, which I’m addicted to is by Skinceuticals, it’s called Simply Clean, and that’s exactly what it is. I usually get the itch to try something different, but I’ve been using this for years. I also use the Clarisonic face brush, it’s an awesome little gadget to use on your face and body! But I have sensitive skin, so I would not recommend using the Clarisonic with baking soda, that may be a little bit too much. The baking soda is very gentle just be sure not to overdo it, I’m sure using it daily is fine, I probably use it about 3 times a week.

So if you have any good face scrubs you like, let me know. I’m still looking. :)

This baking soda trick (and lots of water) is helping me get over my food hangover today! Hope everyone is off to a good week.

blog signature

1 comment: