Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Toddler Friendly Easter Basket

Maybe the title of this should have been Easter Basket for your monster terror diva “energetic” child! Please tell me I’m not the only one with the “energetic” one year old. And by “energetic” I mean we don’t really eat out in public anymore!

But that’s totally normal, right?!…Bueller? Bueller?

So I wanted to find a basket I could use year after year, and fell completely in love with the Pottery Barn everything Easter Baskets. The one I ordered was a pink tutu one. Girly. Pink. Easter Perfection! I started searching for little goodies to fill it before it even arrived, non-candy goodies that is. Trust me, the last thing Little Miss Sassy Pants needs is candy! She gets all hopped up on fruit squeeze pouches, I can’t even imagine her on Peeps and Cadbury Eggs!

Finding things to fill it was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. This is what I ended up with:

  • an Easter Bunny Book
  • swim cover-up. Tulle trimmed and adorable
  • a bunny straw sippy cup, Straws symbolize independence for her, so this is very “big girl!”
  • A Boo Boo Bunny that I made for her
  • Beach & water toys
  • The cutest sequined purse from the cutest shop, in Rosemary Beach (Fitz & Emme)
  • Toothbrushes, because hers always end up in the toilet
  • Sunglasses, so maybe she can stop stealing mine
  • First words flashcards
  • and I also bought her some wooden musical instruments that I will most likely regret. Hello Tambourine! I plan on wrapping them in this adorably messy glitter wrapping paper…just looking for more fun ways to torture myself! 

I think it came together nicely. Cute right?

 

I have got to learn how to take better photos, these pictures do not do it justice. We even have a nice camera, but it’s big and scary and stresses me out so I use my little hot pink “point & shoot”, much more me.

Oh yeah, back to the basket….

I did sneak a squeeze pouch in there, just in case she was wasn’t as excited as I was about a bathing suit cover-up and toothbrushes! The Cinnamon Applesauce will definitely push her over the edge!!

Well I was hoping to post this earlier, but life got in the way. Better late than never. So what’s in your Easter basket???

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment